- In this chapter, I'm going to cover what may appear to be…pretty advanced functions that involve FileMaker Go,…but if you hang in there, you'll find them to be…very easy to execute and they have a ton of upside.…And they're also pretty cool.…And this concept is all based around the fact…that there's a really powerful feature…inside a FileMaker database on FileMaker Go…that allows the database the ability to pass data to…and then receive data from other iOS applications.…So just like a plug-in can be used…to extend the capabilities of FileMaker Pro on a desktop,…something called an FMP URL scheme extends the capability…of FileMaker Go custom apps, by allowing FileMaker Go…to use the URL to open and pass data to other applications,…and potentially even have other applications…pass data to FileMaker.…
So let's bring this down to the simple concepts…that make up the idea.…Let's first back up and talk about…what a URL scheme actually is.…Lot of letters in there, easy concept to understand.…So first of all, let's talk about the URL portion…
- Getting files on the device
- Navigating in FileMaker Go
- Working with data
- Performing finds
- Using container fields
- AV controls
- Signature capture
- Barcode scanning
- Creating layouts optimized for FileMaker Go
- Detecting user gestures
- Communicating with other apps via URL schemes
- Securing your custom apps with Touch ID
- Connecting with iBeacon
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding FileMaker Go
What is FileMaker Go?3m 45s
2. Getting Started with FileMaker Go
Getting files on the device2m 37s
3. Touring the Interface
4. Working with Container Fields in FileMaker Go
5. Building for FileMaker Go
6. Communicating with Other iOS Apps from within FileMaker Go
7. Communicating with iBeacon
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.