Fillets are a common feature on any type of molded part whether it's plastic or metal. Learn how you need to break some of these sharp edges, especially the internal ones.
- [Instructor] Fillets are a common feature on any type … of molded part or even on metal parts. … Fusion 360 can Fillet edges and it can also use features … to break sharp edges. … Let's complete our part design by rounding off some … of the sharp edges. … We'll be focusing on the interior. … First, we'll just start the Fillet tool … or use the press pull tool to select the outside … edges of our screen support. … We can drag a radius, but I want a radius of three. … I'll use the marking menu to repeat the press pull tool. … When I do this it will restart the press pull tool … and it will finish the previous one by selecting … an edge, it automatically turns back into the Fillet tool … and I can pick the inside corners of my screen support … as well as the outside perimeter. … I'll set this radius value to one. … We'll click okay to complete it and now let's use … a different approach on Fillets. … I'll start the Fillet feature … and I'll switch the type from … Traditional Fillet to Rule Fillet. …
- Creating a T-spline body
- Creating a solid from a T-spline
- Adding features and fillets
- Rendering the design
- Setting up for 3D printing
- Forming a solid from surfaces