Learn about how a single complex shape can be separated into multiple bodies to begin the process of producing the multiple components that will make up the final product.
- [Instructor] Having created the exterior of the part, … it's time to start breaking it down … so that we can detail the interior. … We'll just begin the process, … but once you see how it's done, … you'll see what the next steps would be … just as though you would be creating the webs, the ribs, … and the other supports … like you were tasked with earlier in this course. … We'll begin by taking a look … at the current body situation. … We still have the surfaces, … and they can still be edited to update the solid. … We currently still have one solid body, … and we have a sketch that's turned on … called the split profile. … Before we split this part into two, though, … I want a consistent thickness throughout. … Most people think of the shell tool … as a way to take a solid cube … and make an empty box out of it. … The shell tool can be used … to completely hollow a component all at once, as well. … We'll set a shell thickness of one, … having selected the body, and click OK. … If we change our display option …
- Creating a T-spline body
- Creating a solid from a T-spline
- Adding features and fillets
- Rendering the design
- Setting up for 3D printing
- Forming a solid from surfaces