Learn how to filter the commit log to find specific commits.
- [Instructor] One of the commands in git … that you're going to use the most often, is the log. … In this movie, I want us to talk about how you can filter … the commit log in order to find the results … that you're looking for. … We already know the basic git log command. … git log, and then it returns a list … of the commits, going backwards in time … with the newest commit at the top … and the very first commit at the very end. … It also puts it into a pagination program. … You can see that colon to the bottom … of the screen, letting us know that there's more results. … We can type a space or an F to go forward to the next page. … B to go backwards or Q to quit out of it. … By default we're seeing all of the results that are … in the log, throughout the entire project. … Now let's talk about how we can filter those results. … The simplest filter is just simply to limit the number … of commits that we're seeing. … We can use git log space and then a dash followed … by a number. … I'm going to use three. …
- Finding and viewing commits
- Creating and switching branches
- Comparing branches
- Resetting branches
- Merging branches
- Stashing uncommitted changes
- Setting up a remote repository
- Creating remote branches
- Fetching and pushing changes to a remote
- Enabling remote collaboration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Navigate the Commit Tree
3. Reset Branches
4. Merge Branches
5. Stash Changes
6. Set Up a Remote
7. Collaborate with a Remote
Next steps3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.