Learn to merge the changes in one branch into another branch.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we're going to learn … how to merge branches and we're going to start … by learning the simple process … of merging code from one branch into another. … Let's say that we have our master branch … and we've been working on it and at some point … we decide we want to branch off and we want to work on … a new feature called revise navigation. … So now we've got a new branch and maybe development … has gone on in the master branch in the meantime, … but we're working on this revise navigation branch. … When we finally have everything just like we like it, … and it's gone through code review … and we've gotten stakeholder approval, … we're ready to merge it back into the master branch so that … everyone has access to this new feature we've created. … In order to do that, we need to create a merge. … This merge will take the code that's in the revise … navigation branch and bring it into the master branch. … To begin with, let's take a look at our branches. …
- Finding and viewing commits
- Creating and switching branches
- Comparing branches
- Resetting branches
- Merging branches
- Stashing uncommitted changes
- Setting up a remote repository
- Creating remote branches
- Fetching and pushing changes to a remote
- Enabling remote collaboration
Skill Level Beginner
1. Navigate the Commit Tree
3. Reset Branches
4. Merge Branches
5. Stash Changes
6. Set Up a Remote
7. Collaborate with a Remote
Next steps3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.