Cloud Data Fusion allows you to quickly build and manage data pipelines. In this video, dive into Data Fusion as you create a job using Data Proc and Spark.
- [Instructor] Because I'm doing … almost all my professional work on huge scale … cloud-based data pipelines mostly for genomics, … I'm fascinated by the services that are becoming available. … Last week at GCP Next, Google announced Cloud Data Fusion, … which is in beta as of this recording. … So as it says here, it's a fully managed cloud native … enterprise data integration service … for quickly building and managing data pipelines. … So, similar to Dataprep in that it can be used … as a tool to load data into BigQuery … for our data warehousing scenario, … but it can be used for lots more than that. … Also, in this architecture article, … it's interesting to think about … the differences in architecture. … Cloud Dataprep runs on Cloud Dataflow, … which is implementing Apache Beam … on virtual machine clusters. … Cloud Data Fusion … runs as it says within one compute engine zone. … It's composed of several GCP technologies. … Interestingly, … it's abstracted at the level of the application …
- Enterprise concerns
- Enterprise scenarios
- Setting up your organization’s account
- Managing billing
- Enterprise compute services
- Enterprise storage and database services
- Enterprise data pipelines
- GCP developer and DevOps tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Work with cloud services1m 13s
1. GCP for the Enterprise
2. Enterprise Setup and Security
3. Enterprise Compute
4. Enterprise Storage and Database
5. Enterprise Data Pipelines
6. Dev and DevOps Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.