It's crucial to make sure permissions are set up correctly within your project. In this video, learn how to restrict by custom IAM policy.
- [Instructor] So now our new project is created … and if we click on it, … you can see that it gets inherited permissions based … on the organization. … So I am the administrator of this project. … And here's where if I had any labels … or I could apply labels, … if you wish to use the key-value labeling strategy … that again has been made popular by some other vendor clouds … in addition to the object hierarchy for categorization. … Now, talking about the resource hierarchy, … there are a couple great pieces of documentation … that can help you understand … how to set up permissions correctly. … And you might be wondering, … Lynn, why are you taking all this time … to set up security and permissions correctly? … I just want to get in … and I want to get my application hosted on GCP. … Isn't this just overkill? … And my answer to you is not at all. … What I see unfortunately continually … in the public cloud is a lack … of adherence to the disciplines of correct core setup. … And in some cases, if it's been done incorrectly, …
- Enterprise concerns
- Enterprise scenarios
- Setting up your organization’s account
- Managing billing
- Enterprise compute services
- Enterprise storage and database services
- Enterprise data pipelines
- GCP developer and DevOps tools
Skill Level Intermediate
Work with cloud services1m 13s
1. GCP for the Enterprise
2. Enterprise Setup and Security
3. Enterprise Compute
4. Enterprise Storage and Database
5. Enterprise Data Pipelines
6. Dev and DevOps Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.