You can change the page orientation on a section-by-section basis. In this video, learn how to highlight text and change from landscape to portrait.
- [Instructor] A recent addition to Google Docs features … is the ability to change the page orientation … for highlighted text. … Let's take this block of text. … I'll highlight it, … and I want just this paragraph … to be on a separate page in landscape mode, … in this same document. … I can right click, … and from here, choose change page to landscape. … It says change page, … but what it really means is change the page … for the highlighted text. … Now you can see that this highlighted text … is on its own brand new page. … Once that's done, it goes right back … to everything else still in portrait mode. … Let's do it one more time. … I'll select the text again. … Right click, and this time, … because we're in landscape mode already, … I get the option to change the page to portrait. … And now, it's going to put it back. … This is fantastic when your document has a lot of pictures, … or even tables, … that need to take advantage of a wider width, … but you want to keep everything within this same doc. …
- Identify the steps needed to successfully create Google Docs.
- Differentiate between headers, footers, and footnotes within Google Docs.
- Explain how to correctly assign permission levels to others when sharing and collaborating Google Docs.
- Explore how to place charts and images within Google Docs.
- Determine whether edits and revisions are made to Google Docs.
- Recognize where Google Docs are located, shared, and saved.
Skill Level Beginner
Gmail Essential Training (2018)with Jess Stratton1h 26m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.