What happens when you lose the invitation to share a doc? Learn how to find documents others have shared with you in Google Docs.
- [Narrator] There's a few ways to view a document … that somebody else has shared with you. … The first way is via an email … that you'll get from Google Docs itself. … It's going to give you a direct link … to open the doc in Google Docs. … However, if you don't have that … email anymore or didn't get it, … the document can also be found somewhere else. … Point your browser to drive.google.com. … Because Amy just shared this with me, … it's right here at the top in the quick access view. … But there's somewhere else, … on the left-hand side click Shared with Me. … This is a list of all the files … that other people have shared with you. … It doesn't just have to be Google Docs, … it can also be spreadsheets, presentations … and Google drawings. … Here's the file that Amy shared with me. … I can click directly on it from here … and start accessing it and editing it immediately. … And at anytime, if I want to find this … I can always come into the Shared with Me section. … However, I can also add it to the contents of my drive, …
- Identify the steps needed to successfully create Google Docs.
- Differentiate between headers, footers, and footnotes within Google Docs.
- Explain how to correctly assign permission levels to others when sharing and collaborating Google Docs.
- Explore how to place charts and images within Google Docs.
- Determine whether edits and revisions are made to Google Docs.
- Recognize where Google Docs are located, shared, and saved.
Skill Level Beginner
Gmail Essential Training (2018)with Jess Stratton1h 26m Beginner
1. Get Started with Google Docs
2. Edit Google Docs
3. Work with Images
4. Create Tables, Columns, and Charts
5. Work with Google Docs
6. Collaborate on and Share Google Docs
7. Use Google Docs on a Mobile Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.