Traffic shaping technology allows network administrators to decide what types of network traffic are most important on their network. In this video, explore traffic shaping and WAN optimization technologies.
- [Instructor] Traffic shaping technology…allows network administrators…to decide what types of network traffic…are most important on their network.…Well, WAN optimization techniques…allow network administrators to make sure…that the network uses the available bandwidth…as efficiently as possible.…Quality of services, or QoS technology,…allows administrators to define the parameters…for traffic on their network.…QoS technology allows prioritization decisions…based upon the protocols being used…and the identity of the systems communicating.…
For example, an administrator might decide…that only 20% of available bandwidth…may be allocated to streaming media,…preventing streaming media use…from consuming all available network bandwidth.…Similarly, network administrators might decide…that voiceover IP traffic…should have the highest priority,…because delayed delivery would disrupt voice calls.…In addition to controlling the types of traffic…that may be used on a network,…administrators may wish to improve the efficiency…
To join one of Mike's free study groups for access to bonus tips and practice questions, visit certmike.com.
- TCP/IP networking
- Network security devices
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Storage networks
- Securing networks
- Network attacks
- Wireless networking and security
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/27/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover network relationships and security device placement.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
Networks and communications1m 31s
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Network Attacks
7. Wireless Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.