It may seem like there are many hurdles in the way between you and a cybersecurity career, but you can handle them all if you focus on your goal and stick with it. In this video, learn that although it may be challenging to transition to a cybersecurity career, the payoff is worth it. Discover why you should never give up even if it seems to be taking forever to pay off.
- [Marc] Transitioning to a cybersecurity career…is a journey,…and sometimes it can seem like it's never-ending.…Maybe you're only halfway through your cybersecurity degree…and there is another year to go,…or you had to take the security-plus exam twice to pass it,…or you've interviewed for half a dozen security jobs…and haven't been accepted yet.…No matter what setbacks you encounter…or how long the journey takes,…stay persistent and stick with your goal…to make the switch to cybersecurity.…You're on this road because you know there is high demand…for people with cybersecurity skills,…and you're passionate about the field.…
Applying for cybersecurity jobs is a numbers game,…and if you continue to build your skills…and you persist long enough,…you will be offered your first cybersecurity job.…And although you may be tempted…to take the first job you're offered,…make sure you're not settling on a job…that isn't right for you.…Based on your research is it underpaid?…Does it line up with your career goals?…The security job market is tight,…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.