It is not uncommon to analyze data from applications, so it is helpful to have a diagram of the application flow which shows where there is user input and how the user interacts with the application.
- [Instructor] Next, we are going to talk about … application flow diagrams. … I'm going to redo that. … Next, we are going to talk about application flow diagrams. … An application flow or app flow is a diagram … that is meant to describe how a user is intended … to flow through an application as they use the application. … So if you think of an app you might use, … like a ride-sharing app, there are different things … you can do in a ride-sharing app, like you can hail a ride … or you can also tip your driver for a ride you already took. … Because apps can do a lot of things, diagrams of app flow … are generally focused on one particular function … or else they are giving a very general overview … of the app flow. … So these are going to look more conceptual. … And therefore you probably won't see people … using the traditional flowchart shapes for these. … So why have an application flow diagram? … Well, first it is really helpful at the design stage … especially because apps can get pretty complicated. …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.