Containers are the newest way to build applications in a DevOps environment. In this video, learn the different parts of container security and how they can be automated.
- Containers are becoming very popular … in the development world. … If teams aren't currently using containers, … they're talking about it. … Containers can be tricky to secure so let's talk … about what a container is, what parts we can secure, … and then what parts continuous application security plays. … This is a diagram of a typical … application architecture on virtual machines. … It has a VM host, multiple virtual machines … for each server in the app, … and then the different components … and libraries that make up the application. … It is usually very much a manual setup … across each machine to get the application running. … When containers are brought into the picture, … it simplifies the deployment. … On one machine, you have a container host. … And each container is a package application. … When you want to redeploy the app, … you simply redeploy the container, … and it's already configured and ready to go. … It makes deployment between environment super simple … and decreases the likelihood of bugs due to …
- What is DevSecOps?
- How application security is different with DevSecOps
- Continuous static and dynamic testing
- Continuously scanning to prevent leaking secrets
- Continuous container security
- Pulling security tools together with the Glue tool