In this video, get introduced to the concepts of study data vs. production data and how curation can vary depending upon this difference is explained.
- [Instructor] In this video, … I'm going to highlight the differences … between curating study data and curating production data. … The reason curation for study and production data … can be so different … is because the data structures are typically different. … Let's start by thinking of the structure of production data. … There are usually a few big main tables with dynamic data … that keep getting updated. … Imagine a store database. … There probably is a table of transactions … that keeps getting updated each time someone buys something. … But there are also a bunch of little picklist tables, … these are what control the choices in the dropdown list. … Sometimes, there are also skinny audit-trail tables … that keep track of the history of values … in different fields. … All these mini tables are related in a complex way. … You need a diagram to keep track of all that. … A romanticized version of the kind of diagram … that is on the slide. … Now, let's see how study data are structured differently. …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.