In this video, discover how curation files function as part of data management and how managers and team members use them to stay on the same page.
- [Instructor] In this video we are going … to focus on the management function of data curation. … So if you've ever worked with data … then you probably have encountered problems. … Some are so bad they make you want to tear your hair out. … Think of all the problems you can have with data. … Missing data, inaccurate data, confusing data, right. … So, data have problems. … But, the real management issue … is not so much the problems that data have, … but the problems that data cause with people. … When data are missing or are not correct … or don't make sense, and a group of people have … to somehow work with that data, … it can easily lead to the people having problems … working with each other. … That might sound abstract, but here are some common … concrete examples. … I remember once I was working in IT … at a health insurance company and we changed … a variable in the big database that ran the company. … The next day I met a guy named … Nick from the Reporting Department. … Why? …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.