Chances are good that you'll identify security skills gaps you want to fill in before applying for your target cybersecurity job. In this video, Marc reveals resources where you can get cybersecurity training on many topics, in some cases for free. Learn which security training courses can help you quickly gain the knowledge you need.
- [Instructor] If you have gaps…in your cybersecurity skills, the good news is…there are lots of ways to get the training you need,…including many free options.…Of course, one of the best places to come up-to-speed…on many cybersecurity topics is LinkedIn Learning.…Right now, there are more than 100 courses…on practically every cybersecurity certification or skill.…Good resources for low-cost or free cybersecurity training…include massive open online course, or MOOCs.…
These are security courses offered by universities…as free teaser courses for their bachelor…or master degree programs.…A helpful listing of many MOOCs…can be found at cyberdegrees.org.…Coursera is also a good resource for cybersecurity courses…taught by colleges like the Universities of Georgia,…Maryland, and London.…You can audit some of these security courses for free,…meaning you'll have access to all the class materials…and assignments, and you can learn at your own pace.…
If you want a certificate of completion, though,…you'll usually need to pay between 50 and $100.…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.