Prior to being able to mock-up a dashboard, requirements must be gathered and this is best done through executing a study using test data rather than production data.
- Now that you know the steps to designing a dashboard, … let's go through planning a dashboard mock up. … Congratulations, you are now a dashboard designer. … So, you basically have a lot of decisions to make … about what you will visualize on your dashboard. … We are making a production data dashboard … to visualize a system. … So what metrics could help our business run better … if we could visualize them? … Or, what problems could be more easily solved … if there was a visualization of some data? … Let me give you a concrete example. … In the 1990s, I worked in an answering service, you know, … where the doctors offices forward their phones after hours. … If you got sick at night and called, I answered your call. … We got paid for each call we answered, … so we were taught to pick up all calls and not drop any. … Already, you can imagine what kind of data … might be important to visualize for an answering service. … Contrast that to a business my uncle used to run. … He published a monthly magazine …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.