Building upon the knowledge gained from the study done to prepare for the dashboard, this video shows how to mock-up the dashboard prior to developing it.
- Now that we have selected our visualizations, … we will continue by making our Dashboard Mock-Up and … PowerPoint. … Now, those of you who are experts in software design, … know that we should be writing requirements, I get it, … but the problem is, … it's hard to write requirements for a visual thing without … something to help you visualize it. … That can sometimes lead a manager to insist on programmers … building something without having nailed down the … requirements. … Which means that sometimes they have to completely redo … it once we figure out the requirements. … And it's no fun for anyone doing that. … So what I liked to do to help me write dashboard … requirements before any programming gets done, … is to make a mock-up in PowerPoint, … and here's my tip for starting the mock-up. … First, select the software you are going to use. … Then you and your team should shop for templates in that … software. … That's what my colleague and I did when we made the … example, our shiny dashboard. …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.