The data reduction diagram is specifically to help the reader evaluate any selection bias caused by removing records.
- [Instructor] Now we have come to our final flow diagram, … Data Reduction Diagrams. … To make sure you understand … where data reduction diagrams fit … in the category of flow diagrams, … let's quickly review the flows we've gone over so far. … First, we went over two types of data flows: … a warehouse data flow and an analytic data flow. … Both of these diagrams focused on mapping flows of data. … The warehouse diagram maps how data flow … through various systems and processes … to eventually land in a data warehouse … while the analytic data flow is aimed at mapping … how data go through processes to end up … in an analytic data file for a study. … The next two flows we looked at were not data flows, … they were actually flows focused more … on what the people are doing in the flow, … not what is happening to the data in the flow. … The application flow mapped how users, … which are usually people, flow through an application. … Similarly, a workflow diagram is more focused on … how workflows from worker to worker in the flow. …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.