Analyzing survey data gathered through online platforms requires a special type of documentation that connects survey questions with analytic variable names and interpretations of survey answers.
- [Instructor] We have gotten a far with … studying survey curation, so that now we are at the point … where we can start documenting crosswalks … for the purposes of data analysis. … Let's go back to our Twitter survey … and review where we have been. … First, when we designed the survey we chose domains, … and wrote them down. … We decided how we would administer the survey. … We chose SurveyMonkey, or an online administration. … The second step is we wordsmithed questions … and made a mock-up, arranging the questions … under each domain and putting the domains … in a certain order. … For the Twitter survey we made a mock-up … as a spec for SurveyMonkey, … but I also showed you the adverse reaction survey … for the CATI implementation, … and I showed you the parent questionnaire, … for the paper version. … The third step was to nail down the data structure … behind our front-end, … which in this case was our survey we designed. … That sent us to our laptops making a data dictionary …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.