Many different types of flow diagrams can be developed for data curation, including data flow, study flow, and workflow diagrams. A few are demonstrated later in this course.
- [Instructor] Now we are going to turn our attention … to flow diagrams. … We make flow diagrams out of things that flow … so we can document how they flow. … See that relaxing water on the slide? … Let's relax and think of different things … that flow in a data system that we can document. … For example, data can flow. … It can flow from one data system to another. … It can also flow by being transformed … from one structure into another. … When you take production data extracts from a database … and load them into a data warehouse, … that's an example of data flowing. … And that's another thing that can flow, users. … Just as users can flow down the river in an inner tube, … they can flow through your application … from one part to another. … That's another flow you might want to document … with a flow diagram. … Okay, something much less fun that can flow is work. … You can have a workflow, where one work goes … from one department to another, or one clinician to another. … You get the idea. …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.