In order to understand the entity-attribute-value structure, indexes must be discussed. This video explains indexes and how they relate to data structure.
- [Instructor] Now that we've talked a little … about data structure, we can talk about … how data tables relate to each other, … which is through indexes. … Indexes, or indices if you want to go all Latin on me, … are fields or a combination of fields … used by the database as a way … of identifying particular rows. … In other words, the database keeps track … of the values in those columns, kind of like keeping a list … of addresses of where houses are … so it can easily find them again. … Indexes are used by the database … in searching and also in joining tables, … which happens in a relational database … when tables relate to each other. … Another name for indexes is keys. … There is a special index called the primary key, … or PK for short. … Each table should have a primary key … which is unique in all the table, … like a unique row ID column. … It's easiest if it is one column, … but you can have a composite key. … For example, in an appointment database, … customer ID plus date of appointment …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.