In this video, the instructor provides recommendations as to how to immediately apply the data curation knowledge gained in this course to datasets in ongoing projects.
- [Monica] Thank you for completing this course. … I'll bet you are all excited now … to apply your new curation skills, … so here are suggestions for some next steps. … First, ask yourself, are there any issues happening … on my data project? … Or do you have a completely issue-free data project? … Who am I kidding? … In data projects, issues are like tissues: … pull one out, and sure enough, there's one right behind it. … Of course you have issues with your data project, … we all do, so the first step is to face the issues. … Write them down and prioritize them. … And these are the kind of issues I'm talking about: … places in your data system where things always go wrong. … What kind of things? … Bottlenecks, delays, frequently made mistakes, … holes like I showed you in the text-based curation chapter. … You need to prioritize and try to diagnose these problems. … Once you have a diagnosis, you can apply curation … as the cure. … I remember when I worked in a probation department, …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.