Although many curation files are tabular or structured text, sometimes the most helpful curation files are reports or other technical writing about the data project. In this video, be guided regarding selecting other curation files to include.
- [Monica] Now I'm going to talk about a grab bag … of other helpful curation files you can maintain … for your project or database. … We have already talked about standard back-end, front-end, … and survey curation files. … We'll talk a lot about those files in this course, … when and how to make them. … But you are going to want some other curation files … in addition to these, and I admit, … it's kind of an art when it comes to deciding what they are. … It really depends on the project, … and I seem to get a feel for what extra files to have around … to help the team as we proceed through the project. … If my team members and I keep running into the same pitfall, … let's say, misinterpreting the same variable over and over, … that's where I need extra curation. … Anything that routinely confuses people … or makes people have to look stuff up is a topic … that would probably benefit from some extra, bonus, … usually text-based curation files. … Here are some examples from my experience. …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.