In this video, get introduced to curation files that focus on documenting the front-end of a data project. These include annotated screenshots as well as front-end design mock-ups that can be associated with the underlying back-end.
- [Narrator] Now that you know about back-end curation, … let's talk about front-end curation. … In the last video I talked about back-ends … and how production back-ends have all these tables … with categorical variables to document. … In this video, … we are focusing on front-ends, … which is a whole different ball game. … We still have the challenge of relationship problems … but this time the relationships that need to be documented … are the connections between the front-end and the back-end. … Remember you don't even need a front-end … to have a data system. … So if you're going to have one, … how does it hook onto the back-end? … That's essentially the main issue … in front-end data curation. … Here is literally what I mean. … Let's say you have a front-end, … maybe your bank account online. … You might see a transaction displayed. … Maybe you purchased a coffee at a cafe. … You see the values of the data fields in your front end. … Maybe you see the name of the cafe … and the amount of the purchase. …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.