Paper surveys must be developed to promote understanding on the part of the respondent as well as ease of data entry and analysis, which is covered in this video.
- [Announcer] We've gone over curation for online … and caddie surveys. … But what about old-fashioned paper surveys? … Let's go back to our front-end and back-end paradigm. … In a paper survey, what's your front end? … It's paper, it's analog, and what does analog have? … Along with nostalgia, limitations. … First, the respondent uses a pen or pencil … to fill it out. … That means, they can skip questions, … put two answers to a question that just takes one answer, … or write comments all over. … They can really go to town on that paper survey. … And there is really no validation, … unless somehow, your data collector can look over … the survey before the respondent turns it in … and say "Hey, you missed a question" … or "I can't read this, what number did you put here?" … In medicine, we can do this. … But not so much in market research. … Okay, now, what's the back end of a paper survey? … Right, someone has to do data entry. … Call the medical students. … Call the medical students and the marketing interns. …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.