Once you know the cybersecurity career you want to transition to, you can improve your chances of succeeding in that career by setting clear goals. Discover why not setting goals can lead to confusion, frustration, and career stagnation. Learn how to define career goals that can help you stay on track to having a successful cybersecurity career.
- [Instructor] Once you know the cybersecurity career…you want to transition to, you can improve your chances…of success in that career by setting career goals.…This requires you to keep the big picture…of your career in mind even though right now…you might be mostly focused…on getting your first cybersecurity job.…So set short-term and long-term career goals.…Don't worry if your dream job seems out of reach today.…It's okay if you're just starting…a cybersecurity career and you want to be…a Chief Information Security Officer someday.…
By knowing where you want to go,…it's easier to plot a course to get there.…That's the essence of career planning.…When searching for jobs,…you should know if the job you want fits…into your long-term career goals.…For instance, if you want to be a pen tester now,…what do you want to be after that?…Time goes by quickly, especially when you're busy,…and before you know it, years could have passed…without much progress in your career.…That's okay if you want to keep doing your current job…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.