Survey mock-ups for computer-assisted telephone interviewer, CATI, interfaces or in-person interviewing must include interviewer instructions, which is shown in this video.
- [Instructor] I showed you how to make … a mock-up for an online survey. … But what if you plan to do the survey … with the respondent on the phone? … That's CATI. … So CATI stands for Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviewing. … In other words, it means being able … to call people on the phone, … interview them by asking them survey questions, … and then being able to type the answers … they said immediately into the computer … as you went through the interview. … The reason why this was such a big deal at the time … is that, most of the time, … you had to fill out answers on paper … and then they got entered into the data later. … If you programmed a CATI for your survey, … it went faster, and also, the interviewers liked it better. … It's easier to use a CATI than a paper survey … when you are doing data collection interviewing. … So the main awesomeness of the CATI, … compared to paper, was that CATI … would present to the interviewer one question at a time, … and then you could type in the answer …
- How curation files function as part of data management
- Back-end curation
- Front-end curation
- Steps for dashboard design
- Designing surveys
- Creating warehouse, analytic, and application flow diagrams
- Text-based curation files
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Data Curation
2. Back-End Curation
3. Front-End Curation
4. Special Curation for Surveys
5. Flow Diagrams
6. Text-Based Curation Files
7. Application in the Field
Next steps7m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.