Learn about time-saving features of the Phantasm plugin.
- [Instructor] Quite a lot of people go…so far in Illustrator in producing a piece of work,…and then move it all out to Photoshop to finish it off.…What if you could have a little bit…of something like Photoshop directly in Illustrator…so if you then needed to…make a change then it was dynamic,…and happened inside of the illustrator file.…Well that's exactly what the Phantasm…plug-in brings to Illustrator.…I'm gonna demonstrate using this particular file…just one of the many aspects that Phantasm brings with it.…
To do this what I'm going to do…is just target this layer here…where the three like pool ball…kind of things are on the layout,…and then I'm going to go to the Effect menu,…and this is where Phantasm lives once it's installed.…And you can see you've got all of these things usually…associated with Photoshop in here.…So if I choose Hue and Saturation, for example,…I get a dialog that looks very…similar to the one in Photoshop,…and I can do things like dial the hue around like so.…
And if I turn on Preview there…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.