Learn about time-saving features of the VectorScribe plugin tools.
- [Instructor] In this movie, I'm going to use…one of the PathScribe tools that are part…of the VectorScribe toolset from Astute Graphics…to make a modification to the word "Easy" on this patch,…because what I'd like to do is to add sort of a flourish…on the end of the "y" there.…So, first of all I'll turn off the background here…so it's easier for you to see what I'm doing,…and then I'll target the word "Easy" and I'll convert that…to outlines by using the shortcut Shift+Command+O;…that would be Shift+Control+O on Windows.…
And then, I'll zoom in on this area here so we can see…easier what I'm doing, and I'll tap "A" to get…the Direct Selection Tool.…And I'm gonna target a couple of these anchors…at the end here, so I'll click on this one 'cause I think…that's gonna get me the best extension from there…and this one here is definitely one that I want to use.…So I'm gonna shift-click that so I've got those two selected…and up to the control strip and I'm gonna click…the Cut Path at Selected Anchor Points button there.…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.