Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] If you're a Java developer, you have many integrated development environments, or IDEs, to choose from. But today, in 2020, IntelliJ IDEA stands out as one of the most powerful tools you can use to build your software. IntelliJ IDEA was originally created for Java programming and you can use it to build all sorts of Java-based software, from simple console applications, to desktop apps, to enterprise strength web applications, and everything in between. And in addition to Java, you can use IntelliJ IDEA to work with other JVM languages, like Scala, Groovy, and Kotlin. And best of all, the community edition of IntelliJ IDEA is completely free. In this course, I'm going to show you how to get started with this incredible programming tool. One warning though, IntelliJ IDEA is a huge product with hundreds of features. Mastering this IDE takes time, experience, and experimentation, but the good news is that it's easy to get started. My primary focus will be on using the product with Java, but I'll also show you how to get started working with some of those other languages. By the end of the course, you'll be ready to build your own applications with IntelliJ IDEA.
1. Getting Started
2. Explore the User Interface
3. Edit and Debug Code
4. Analyze and Debug Code
5. Build, Compile, and Package Java Projects
6. Use Software Version Control
7. Programming with Other JVM Languages
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.