- Define “compassionate collaboration” and explain how it helps a team work more efficiently.
- Identify the potential problems with narratives.
- Recognize the core skill that a great project facilitator possesses.
- Determine the best way to address possible barriers or roadblocks to attaining the collective goal.
- Recall how often checklist compliances should be verified.
Skill Level Beginner
- There's all this buzz about collaboration. We're told to do it. We're told it's good for the company. But let's face it, collaboration is hard. Typically, it means more work and longer hours. Incentives aren't always aligned. And there are so many interpersonal dynamics that make it even harder. How do we fix this? Should we even collaborate in the first place? Hi, my name is Prakash Raman, and I've been coaching and facilitating executive teams for over a decade. In this course, we pick apart the entire idea of collaboration.
We go beyond those Band-Aids you get in quick workshop trainings. If you've ever been frustrated with collaboration, or with the surface-level advice on improving it, this course is for you. We'll debunk the assumption that collaboration is fixed, and explore the diversity of real and effective collaboration styles. To give you some conceptual footholds, we'll outline nine principles of collaboration. These will help you diagnose and treat your team's barriers to collaboration. Lastly, we'll discuss how to put it all into practice.
My hope is that through this short course, you'll have concrete and actionable ways to collaborate more effectively, so you can get more done in less time, and have fun while doing so.