Join Theresa Jackson for an in-depth discussion in this video How not to lose my photos, part of Learning the Lightroom Ecosystem.
- [Instructor] Now that you understand … exactly where your photos are located, … let's talk about how to manage your cloud storage … without losing your photos. … I'm going to start here with Lightroom CC on the computer, … but what I explain here will work exactly the same … with your Lightroom CC on your mobile device … or Lightroom for the web. … I'm viewing the All Photos tab here … and we see there's 54 images in that ecosystem. … If we delete a photo from here … it deletes the photo everywhere. … I'll do a right-click on this … and we'll see the option to Delete Photo … and the keyboard shortcut for that on a Mac … is Option + Delete, … if you're on a Windows machine that would be Alt + Delete. … I'll select that and then a warning message comes up … and it's a pretty bold warning message. … Permanently Delete Photo? … Deleting here deletes the photo everywhere. … If I select Delete Photo … the photo's going to be gone on all of my devices … and there is no backup. … I'm going to Cancel out of this …
- What is the Lightroom ecosystem?
- Managing image files
- Managing the ecosystem with Lightroom on the web
- Avoiding accidental deletion of your photos
- Syncing Lightroom Classic with the Lightroom ecosystem
- Benefits of the Lightroom mobile app
- Editing in Lightroom
- Sharing and publishing web galleries
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Managing Image Files
3. Sync Lightroom Classic with Lightroom CC Ecosystem
4. Lightroom Mobile Photography
5. Image Editing
6. Sharing and Publishing Web Galleries
Lightroom public sharing3m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.