Join Theresa Jackson for an in-depth discussion in this video How sync works between Lightroom Classic and Lightroom, part of Learning the Lightroom Ecosystem.
- [Instructor] Lightroom Classic is the original … Lightroom application … developed as a desktop photo database application … before there was even a Cloud … and Lightroom Classic still works that way today. … By default, a Lightroom Classic catalog is not connected … to the ecosystem. … The sync to Lightroom CC has to be switched on … to make that connection. … And we switch that on under the name plate here … by clicking on this, we'll see that the sync is turned on. … So what exactly happens when you turn on … the sync to Lightroom CC setting? … Well, this connects your Lightroom Classic catalog … with the ecosystem but it does not immediately … upload anything to the Cloud. … That happens when you put photos in a collection … and then sync the collection, … that'll be covered later in this chapter. … Syncing a collection sends something we call smart previews … up to the Cloud where you can view and edit them … with a Lightroom CC application. … The original full resolution photos though …
- What is the Lightroom ecosystem?
- Managing image files
- Managing the ecosystem with Lightroom on the web
- Avoiding accidental deletion of your photos
- Syncing Lightroom Classic with the Lightroom ecosystem
- Benefits of the Lightroom mobile app
- Editing in Lightroom
- Sharing and publishing web galleries
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Managing Image Files
3. Sync Lightroom Classic with Lightroom CC Ecosystem
4. Lightroom Mobile Photography
5. Image Editing
6. Sharing and Publishing Web Galleries
Lightroom public sharing3m 30s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.