White balance determines how warm or cool the overall colors in your photograph look. In this video, learn how to adjust the white balance for mood or color correction.
- [Instructor] Adjusting the white balance of an image … shifts all of the colors contained with in it. … White balance determines how overall warm or cool … a photo looks and it can be used to fix color tone, … or change the mood of an image. … White balance adjustments are found … in the color panel within edit, … we can open the edit panel with the e key … and we could jump to the color panel … with the command 2 or the control 2. … I'll collapse the light panel here … so that we can see the color panel. … Lightroom measures white balance with these two sliders, … the temperature slider for ranges between blue and yellow … and the tint slider for ranges between green and red. … You'll find that you most often move the temp slider. … Let's just slide this around and see how quickly … the mood or the color of this image changes. … If I make it cold, … it looks like a completely different photo. … The challenge with an image like this one is, … how do you know what is correct? … Well the truth is that sometimes …
- Understanding the histogram
- Enhancing image details
- Adding a vignette effect
- Reducing noise
- Straightening a subject with geometry
- Making creative color adjustments for drama
- Reducing distractions
- Highlighting your subject
- Adding and smoothing detail
- Exporting photos
- Selecting file options for web or print
Skill Level Beginner
Simple Photo Edits On Your Phonewith Tracey Clark1h 48m Intermediate
Learning the Lightroom Ecosystemwith Theresa Jackson1h 39m Intermediate
1. The Basics: Composition, Tone, Color
2. Beyond the Basics: Effects and Detail
3. Selective Edits for Impact
4. Get Photos Out of Lightroom
Do you need Photoshop?4m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.