Learn about why you should examine the reasons why people unsubscribe.
- [Instructor] People unsubscribe from email lists…all the time.…So it's important to remember when you start to look…at your unsubscribes, don't take it too personally.…What you can do however, is implement a way…for those who unsubscribe, to let you know…why they made that choice.…This can sometimes be very useful.…Unsubscribe actions are associated with your lists.…So we'll go to the lists tab in our MailChimp account…that has some long term data.…We'll check the stats for this newsletter list.…
Now, this newsletter list has a lot of unsubscribes.…But it's also about three years old.…And this makes sense to me.…I can see that my average unsubscribe rate is pretty low.…That's good.…You can see the information about each person…who unsubscribed if you click this number…above the unsubscribed contacts.…Depending on the data that I store with each contact,…I'll have more or less information to review.…Each of these people made the choice to click unsubscribe.…
So this is great opportunity for me to learn more from them.…
Plus, find out how to use one of MailChimp's most useful features—the autoresponder—which was just introduced to the free version of the app, and get even more reach with social media advertising.
- Setting up a free MailChimp account
- Adding and importing subscribers
- Working with email templates
- Creating your first campaign with MailChimp
- A/B testing campaigns
- Adding a signup form to your website
- Managing subscriber lists
- Growing your subscribers
- Sending videos
- Adding automation and ads
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/30/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: creating and replicating campaigns, social follow vs. social share blocks, and creating ads in MailChimp. In addition, new videos were added that cover identifying top subscribers, creating a landing page in MailChimp, and remarketing in MailChimp.
Managing Email Marketing Lists and Campaignswith Megan Adams1h 21m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with MailChimp
2. Creating, Sending, and Reviewing Campaigns
3. Using Advanced Campaign Techniques
4. Working with Sign-Up Forms and Lists
Working with sign-up forms4m 40s
5. Working with Subscriber Lists
6. Engaging Your Subscribers
7. Adding Automation and Ads
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.