- What is content marketing?
- Creating a content strategy
- Selecting the right type of content
- Producing content
- Tips for successful storytelling
- Promoting with owned and shared media
- Promoting with earned and paid media
- Innovating with content
- Conveying thought leadership with content
Skill Level Beginner
- A meal at a Michelin star restaurant is a rare, delightful, and expensive experience, but did you know that the Michelin Guide that identifies these fine dining establishments is actually a resource published by a French tire company? The guide was first published by Michelin Tires in 1900 as a way to generate demand for cars in France by offering people maps, restaurant listings, and advice for planning road trips. There wasn't a resource like this available for motorists at the time, helping Michelin get the attention of potential customers who might need to purchase tires from their cars in the future. Cut to over 100 years later, and the Michelin Guide is still being published today, and most importantly, positions the company as the world's most trusted advisor on traveling, and that is what content marketing done right can do for your organization. Hi, I'm Brian Honigman. I'm a marketing consultant and an NYU adjunct professor, and for the last decade, I've worked with organizations like the United Nations and Thompson-Reuters on creating impactful content marketing programs. Throughout this LinkedIn learning course, you'll learn how to create a content strategy to purposely guide your efforts, understand the ins and outs of producing meaningful content, and the most effective techniques for distributing this content to the right people. A lot of old forms of advertising just aren't as effective as they used to be. Now, it's more important than ever to earn trust and loyalty with your customers for the long term. Join me in creating your own plan for embracing content marketing the right way.