- Setting up a scene in Maya
- Setting up joints to control pistons
- Creating a push rod
- Simulating springs
- Syncing gears to the crankshaft
- Creating a belt drive with wire deformers
- Rigging the conveyor belt
- Preventing flipping in motion paths
- Finalizing the scene
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm George Maestri and welcome to Rigging Mechanical Objects in Maya. In this course, I'm going to show you some basic rigging techniques that you can use to create mechanical objects and systems. We're going to start of by rigging up a piston engine. that in turn will drive gears, pulleys, and then a conveyor belt. Now, these techniques can be used for a variety of applications. So let's get started with Rigging Mechanical Objects in Maya.
1. Rigging Pistons
2. Cams and Rocker Arms
3. Gears and Pulleys
4. Rigging a Conveyor Belt
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.