Moodle allows you to create, customize, and share assignments with your students. Instructors can customize the way that assignments are scored as well as the ways that students are able to submit their assignments. There are options to have students submit assignments using the built-in text editor or by uploading and submitted files.
- [Instructor] Assignments are an…important part of most courses.…They allow students to apply their learning.…They allow the instructors to see how well…students are understanding the content…and offer an opportunity for the instructor…to provide feedback to students.…In this video, we'll take a look at how to create…an assignment in our Moodle course.…The first thing I want to do is to make sure that…my editing is turned on.…Next, I'll scroll down to the section…that I want to include the assignment in…and in this case, it's my classification section.…
On the right-hand side, I'm going to click on…add an activity or resource…and from the list of activities,…I want to select assignment.…At the bottom, I'll click add,…and this brings me to the assignment page.…First, I'm going to name the assignment…and I'll name this the classification of living things.…Go in here and change its spelling.…And then down below in the description area…is where I'm actually going to create the assignment.…
Assignments are a lot like pages…
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
1. Learning Management Systems
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.5
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.5
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.