The chat feature allows students the ability to communicate and collaborate on the Moodle platform, even when they are not meeting face-to-face. Chats can be added to different sections of your course.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll take a look…at the chat activity, and how it can extend…the conversations beyond the walls of the classroom.…I like Moodle's description of the chat feature.…Chats enable participants to have text-based,…real-time synchronous discussions.…Chats can be a very useful activity to add to your course…if students will need to work on something…when they're not meeting face-to-face.…This is a safe way to have learners communicate…because the discussions can be monitored,…and all chats can be saved and made available for others…in the class to see.…Let's take a look at how to add a chat.…
First I'm gonna scroll down to one of my sections.…I'll go to the Structure and Function section.…And then I'll click on Add an activity or resource.…From here I'll select Chat,…and then at the bottom, I'll click on Add.…This'll bring us to the page…where we can begin creating this chat.…Now I'm going to go in here and type in Project Discussions.…We are working on projects, and I want the students…
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
1. Learning Management Systems
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.5
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.5
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.