In the center of your Moodle course page you have the ability determine the sequence and flow of your course by adjusting the course sections. You can choose to divide sections by weeks, topics, or other ways.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll learn how to…customize the structure of our course.…And how it will be divided up and organized.…This is an important step because it determines…the layout and flow of your course.…Right now I can see that my course is broken up…into weeks and the date is given for each week.…For my course, however,…I wanna change this be units instead of weeks.…I'm gonna switch over here to a…course syllabus that I have.…And down below you can see that I have…different units and I wanted to follow the…structure of these units.…
I have nine of them here.…So let's go ahead and change that.…I'll switch back over here to my Biology 101…course inside of Moodle,…and in the upper right corner I'm going to…click on the gear icon.…From here I'll click on Edit Settings,…and this brings us to the course settings.…Now if I scroll down,…there is a section for Course format.…I'll go ahead and expand this,…and then I'm going to click on the drop up menu,…and you can see we have the option for a…weekly format, topics, social or single activity.…
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
1. Learning Management Systems
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.5
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.5
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.