Moodle allows you to customize your notification settings, which is an important aspect of creating your course. You have the ability to identify what you want to be notified and how to be notified.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll take…a look at how to adjust our notification…settings inside of Moodle.…This is an important step because…it will dictate which activities…that we're notified of on the platform.…For instance, if we're notified on whether…a student posts a comment, or sends…a direct message to us.…In order to do this in the upper-right corner,…I'm going to click on the drop-down menu again…next to my name, and this time…I'm going to select Preferences.…This brings us to the Preferences page.…Here, we can edit quite a bit.…We can edit our profile, we can change…our password, change the preferred language…on the account, and several other things.…
In this case, I'm interested…in changing the notification settings.…So in the first column at the bottom,…I'm going to select Notification Preferences.…And this brings us to our notifications page.…Here, we can customize it however we want.…Now there will be some default settings already selected,…but you can override those if you'd like.…There's a couple of things that I want to point out.…
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
1. Learning Management Systems
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.5
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.5
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.