Moodle allows you to customize your profile by adding a photograph, a bio, interests, and more. Students will see your profile when they join your course.
- [Oliver] In this video, let's take a look…at how to customize our Moodle profile.…I'm currently on Moodle's new and improved dashboard…and you'll notice on the left-hand side,…that I have access to two different courses,…my Bio 101 course, as well as my communications course.…Below this in the center, I have my main area…and it's my course overview.…Currently I don't have anything in my timeline,…but if I click on Courses,…you can see here the two courses appear.…And this is an improved dashboard…whereas you have these images or patterns…that you can associate with the different courses,…so it did improve the look a bit.…
Now the first thing I wanna do…is to make sure I have my profile page created and updated.…Your profile page will be available to your students…and I believe that it's an important part of your course.…It provides a way for you to introduce yourself…and begin to build rapport with your students.…Let's take a look at how to customize it.…In the upper-right corner,…I'm going to click on the dropdown menu next to my name.…
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
1. Learning Management Systems
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.5
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.5
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.