- Adding video
- Creating shapes and 2D types
- Importing files
- Applying behaviors
- Animating type and graphics
- Applying filters to video
- Creating a match move
- Masking and compositing
- Adding lights
- Creating 3D type
- Creating particle systems
- Animating cameras
- Exporting and sharing Motion projects
Skill Level Beginner
- [Ian] Welcome to Apple Motion Essential Training. My name is Ian Robinson, and I'm going to take you through the essential tools and techniques you need to understand to get up and running in Apple Motion. First, we'll start with an overview of the interface and cover how to get started adding video and layered graphic elements to your projects. Then, we'll dive right into how to create animation using both behaviors and keyframes. We'll get into some video techniques and learn how to stabilize footage and isolate video elements off their background using a green screen keyer.
And we'll even retime some video effects. Then, we'll step into the third dimension and explore how to move 2D layers in 3D space, build true 3D type, apply custom materials to that type, and really look at how to add more dimension using lights and shadows. We'll also create and animate virtual cameras to fly through 3D space and enable realistic blurs with depth of field. Finally, we'll round out the course as we create templates for both Motion and Final Cut Pro.
And last but not least, we'll talk about optimum compressions for sharing your videos and, of course, optimum archiving methods. Now, I know this sounds like a lot. I definitely encourage you to feel free and watch along at your own pace. So, let's get crackin'.
Sound Design for Motion Graphicswith Scott Hirsch2h 52m Intermediate
Motion Graphics Loops: 1 Photoshop Techniqueswith Owen Lowery1h 16m Intermediate
1. Adding Assets to Projects
2. Understanding Animation
Animating type6m 1s
3. Working with Video
4. Masking and Compositing
5. Exploring 3D
6. Using Advanced Creation and Animation Tools
7. Controlling Cameras
8. Exporting and Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.