- Writing queries
- Creating and updating databases and tables
- Data types in MySQL
- Using MySQL built-in functions
- Working with string and mathematical functions
- Differences between MySQL and standard SQL
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Bill] Hi, I'm Bill Weinman and welcome to MySQL Essential Training. The goal of this course is to provide you with basic knowledge of MySQL, so you can get up and running quickly and easily with one of the most widely deployed database systems in the world. Will start with an overview of SQL as implemented by MySQL. I'll explain how to create databases and tables, how to insert, update, and delete data from your tables, I'll show you the various data types available as implemented by MySQL and I'll cover operators and functions including MySQL specific string and math libraries. Finally, I'll show you the major differences between standard SQL and SQLs implemented by MySQL. Understanding My SQL will surve you well in many information technology endeavors so, let's get started with MySQL essential training.
The exercise files1m 32s
1. Overview of SQL
2. Data Types
3. Operators and Functions
4. String Functions
5. Mathematical Functions
6. Differences from Standard SQL
Thank you1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.