Before you can use Outlook you need to set it up. In this video, learn how to set up an email account in Outlook using the wizard and setting up a Office 365 and Gmail account are demonstrated.
- [Instructor] One of the responsibilities … that you will have as a help desk technician … is to set up the desktop version of Outlook for your users. … The first time you launch Outlook … you'll be prompted to configure it. … Let's go ahead and do that. … In our example, the email address was found. … At this point I can go ahead and click Connect. … If this does not happen for you, … you'll need to enter in the email address … and password for the user. … I am now prompted to enter the password for Cecilia. … And that's it. … The account has now successfully been added to Outlook. … Let's go ahead and take a look. … But before I click Done, … I'm going to uncheck Set up Outlook Mobile on my phone. … It will take a few moments for Outlook to launch, … because all of the emails have to come in. … As well as, as you can see, all the reminders. … In our example, I'm going to go ahead and dismiss … all of our reminders. … I can also add additional accounts to Outlook. … And they don't have to be Microsoft accounts. …
- Troubleshooting account and startup issues
- Repairing Office apps
- Working with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Power BI
- Creating diagrams with Visio
- Staying on top of tasks using Microsoft Project and Planner
- Configuring Outlook
- Communicating with Teams
- Working with OneDrive and SharePoint
- Sharing content with Sway and Stream
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Users Started
4. Getting Things Done
6. Media Rich Apps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.