Planner is a simplified project management tool. If you don't need the depth of Project, then Planner may be the perfect solution. In this video, learn to use Planner to create a new plan, add people to the plan, organize and assign tasks, share files, and keep track of your team’s progress.
- [Narrator] Planner is a very simple visual tool … to help you plan work for yourself, … or for other team members. … We are going to go ahead and build out a plan … for a new server migration. … To start, we'll launch the Planner app … from the Office 365 portal. … First thing we need to do is create a new plan, … provide a name and we can make this plan public or private. … I'm going to leave it private. … We can now start adding tasks to the To do bucket. … And I'm going to add four tasks. … The first one is Discover. … I can set the due date … and assign it to a user. … I'm going to assign it to Harold. … And you'll notice that Harold is not a member of this plan. … We need to give him access. … I am now going to create three more tasks. … My tasks are all in my To do bucket. … And you'll notice that I did not set dates, … or assign the last two tasks, … but you can definitely do that after the fact. … I'm going to select Migrate. … I can change the priority of the task to this is important. …
- Troubleshooting account and startup issues
- Repairing Office apps
- Working with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Power BI
- Creating diagrams with Visio
- Staying on top of tasks using Microsoft Project and Planner
- Configuring Outlook
- Communicating with Teams
- Working with OneDrive and SharePoint
- Sharing content with Sway and Stream
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Users Started
4. Getting Things Done
6. Media Rich Apps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.