There will be times when an Office 365 application will not start and troubleshooting steps will need to be taken. In this video, learn how to troubleshoot applications that will not start, including launching the applications in Safe Mode, and how to remove add-ins.
- [Instructor] There may be times when you'll have to repair the Office 365 Applications. To do so, you'll follow the following simple steps and your first step is to actually repair your installation. To do so, you'll pop in to Apps & features and then select your version of Office 365 that needs to be repaired. Your version may look a little different than mine. When you select your Microsoft Office 365 installation, two additional buttons will pop up, Modify and Uninstall. Here you'll choose Modify. You will now have two repair options. The first option is the Quick Repair. This will fix most of your issues without an internet connection. If the Quick Repair does not work, you'll need to move on to the Online Repair. This will fix all of your issues, but it does require an internet connection and it can take a little bit of time. You need to be aware that there are two installation options for Office 365. First we have the MSI Installation. This is the traditional installation that we've been using for years. When you use an MSI Installer, you'll have to wait for the entire application to be installed before you can start using it. Typically, you'll receive an MSI Installer when you purchase Microsoft Office through Volume Licensing. The new, modern way for installations is through streaming. The advantage here is that you can start using the applications during the installation. And the Click-to-Run or streaming option is available through your Office 365 subscription. To find out what type of installer you have, you'll have to open up one of your Office applications, it could be Word, Excel, PowerPoint, whichever you choose. Select File and then Account. Here, the product information will be displayed. As you can see in our example, our subscription product is Microsoft Office 365 Business. We can see that it belongs to cecelia@landonhotels. We can also see the applications that it contains. In the About section, we can clearly see the Version number, the Build number and that this is a Click-to-Run installation. Following these simple steps will help you repair your Office 365 applications and get your users back up and running quickly.
- Troubleshooting account and startup issues
- Repairing Office apps
- Working with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Power BI
- Creating diagrams with Visio
- Staying on top of tasks using Microsoft Project and Planner
- Configuring Outlook
- Communicating with Teams
- Working with OneDrive and SharePoint
- Sharing content with Sway and Stream