- [Instructor] One principle of 21st century…time management success is to not maximize using…all the time you have available but to actually…underspend your time.…This leaves you prepared for inevitable interruptions.…It helps you have transition and possibly travel time…to the next meeting and it allows you to digest…what you just discussed in a meeting.…Additionally, it just helps everyone be more focused…in the meeting knowing that there's a specific stop time.…
It may even help remove that busy tag that so many…people wear on their forehead.…A simple way that we can do that rests in how…you schedule meetings.…In short, we schedule meetings to take place in less…than 30 or 60 minute increments.…Google Calendar smartly has the solution built right in.…If you go into the settings and scroll down just…a little bit, you'll see something that says…speedy meetings under default event duration.…
When I click that you'll notice that it changes…the default from 60 to 50 minutes, or it changes it…from 30 to 25 minutes.…
- Recognize the pitfall of having too many calendars.
- Recall the benefits of leaving 15 minutes of cushion for each task during a busy week.
- Name the best ratio for meetings to actual work for the average person.
- Relate “time abhors a vacuum” to scheduling meetings.
- List what you should schedule during your maximum productivity hours.
- Explain how you should manage your calendar during the busiest time of the year.