- We've already looked in detail at the histogram,…but I don't feel like I've had the chance in this course…to really nag and bother you…about how important the histogram is.…Fortunately, if you watch my printing course…or my black and white course…or really any of the courses where I show any image editing,…you'll get a big dose of histogram harassment.…The histogram, in my opinion,…is the single most important photographic tool…at your disposal.…I mean, besides your camera.…The histogram not only gives you a way…to assess your exposure while you're shooting.…
It's the key to getting good results when you're editing…and it's essential when you're printing.…The histograms that we've been showing in this course…are luminance histograms.…They chart all of the different brightness levels…in your image,…but there's another type of histogram,…which your camera might be able to display…and which your image editor might show you.…And while I don't really find it as useful…as a luminance histogram,…it's still better than nothing,…
- Shooting sharp images
- Assessing your camera's high ISO options
- How aperture affects depth of field
- Lens speed
- Previewing depth of field
- Depth of field in the real world
- Manual mode
- Controlling motion
- Shooting raw
- Shooting with post-production in mind
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
1. Shutter Speed in Depth
2. Aperture in Depth
3. More Shooting Modes
4. Shooting Strategies
Where to go from here2m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.